Welcome to the Sports Capital Programme Portal
The Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media is currently conducting a review of the Sports Capital and Equipment Programme, part of which involves surveying past applicants. The survey is issued via email. The deadline for completing the survey is 18th of February 2023. If you have any queries on the survey, please contact email@example.com
Under the latest round of the SCEP, €166.6M in funding has been announced for almost 3,000 successful applicants. The full list of successful applicants can be found at:
The priority now is to ensure prompt drawdown of the grants. Sports Capital Division has contacted all successful applicants outlining the next steps in the process. Please refer to point 7 further down on this page where you will find a series of guides on how to get your grant paid.
The Sports Capital and Equipment Programme (SCEP) is operated by the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media and provides grants to assist in the development or refurbishment of sports facilities and the provision of sports equipment. It is part funded from the proceeds of the National Lottery.
This portal is used to apply for funding and manage the drawdown of grants. Please avoid using the firefox browser.
2020 Sports Capital Programme
1. A guide to registration is available. ORGANISATIONS ONLY NEED TO REGISTER ONCE FOR ALL ROUNDS OF THE PROGRAMME
2. Frequently Asked Questions about the Programme
3. The 2020 Guide to making an application
4. A video guide to making an application
5. The 2020 Sports Capital Programme Scoring System and Assessment Procedures
6. The Sports Capital Programme Guide to Accessible Gym Equipment. For more information, Cara - Sport Inclusion Ireland have created resource Factsheets (link is external) on how to make your sports facilities, equipment and activities more accessible to people with disabilities (this link is to an external website and the information and views are not those of the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media).
7. A series of guides on how to get your grant paid
Department's Data Protection Policy